The Occupy Portland group that gathered at PSU's South Park Blocks for the march to the Portland Marathon hold a group assembly.
During this time the regular group at Champman and Lownsdale Squares were under lockdown and couldn't march.
This part covers:
0:00 - From Chris, proposed route: 12pm start from here or Miller Library, head down South Park Blocks because it doesn't put us in harms way or constrict us to sidewalks. 6 or 7 park blocks to the north.
1:00 - Then north 3 or 4 city blocks from end of South Park Blocks to O'Bryant Square as rally point. Stay there as long as we want.
1:45 - Two options for meeting up with rally march coming over Broadway bridge, depending on numbers and police situation.
2:05 - Option one - If we're confident, another rally point at Pioneer Square 2 blocks east, 2 blocks south from O'Bryant Sq.
2:17 - Option two - Head north to North Park Blocks. Less police presence.
2:30 - Possible farmer's market at North Park blocks.
2:35 - From Chris - Meeting point with group from east will be on this side of Broadway bridge, west end terminus under bridge, then down Naito parkway together.
3:05 - Way we get there will be determined after rally at O'Bryant square
3:15 - Clarifying Question - By "Stopping at Pioneer square or North Park blocks", are we meeting with the people or just staying there?
3:25 - Staying there, making our presence known.
3:35 - Direct Response - Homeless people being fed at O'Bryant Square.
3:55 - Clarifying Question - What's the route in that gap between SPB and O'Bryant?
4:10 - Decision will be made at that time. If necessary walk on sidewalks, but with enough people just take the streets.
4:55 - Is there actually Farmers market at North Park Blocks?
5:20 - Subway no longer offering bathroom unless you buy something.
5:50 - Two options after march to O'Bryant Square
6:15 - Option one - continue directly north through North Park blocks to Glisan, at that point we can make decision to go down Broadway to Broadway bridge, rally at base of bridge, and wait for march from east side
6:30 - Option two - At O'Bryant Square, we can decide to go for rally at Pioneer Square, going east and south couple of blocks to Pioneer Sq, rally, then down to First Ave. and march north up to Everett, west to Broadway, north to Broadway bridge.
7:05 - Update on Farmer's market - none in North Park blocks
7:15 - Clarifying Question - How to merge with the marathon route and other march - jump barricades?
Some questions about what was asked, clarification on farmer's market
9:00 - Clarification - Only small barriers near Lovejoy bridge
9:40 - Ask other group to ask Marathon committee?
9:50 - Sug - Since other march has permission, wait for other march, then cross barricades
10:15 - Clarification - Chris meant that last night? His concern was that they see him before trying to cross.
11:05 - Point of Process - Should we go back to earlier proposal on accepting the proposed march, and take a temperature check (5 hand or so go up)
11:45 - Concerns about that? (1 hand goes up)
12:00 - Direct response - Removing barricades has to be done carefully to avoid problems, NY march only got violent after they got to barricades
12:25 - Direct response - Some places are barricade-free along the route
12:40 - Direct response - Some areas only have small black signs, not barricades
12:50 - Direct response - Might want to let cops, monitors know you are going to stop at barricade and not remove it immediately
13:20 - Clarifying Question - How far is rally point before barricades? Can we appoint people to go in front and go to barricades, to call and tell us to go?
edit: Title changed for clarity