Display Advertising with Adwords can be a bit hard to assess. This video shows you how to target specific sites and how to make it easy to analyse the results of your placements.
To target a specific page on StrikeEngine we recommend creating an Adwords campaign that is targeted at StrikeEngine only. This will make it easier to analyse the performance of your ads and cost of your ad spend vs the revenue created.
1. Log into your Adwords account
2. From the Campaign tabs select "new campaign"
3. Give the campaign a name, this will depend on how you structure your account but we would recommend having StrikeEngine in the title somewhere so it is easy to find.
4. Then select the country or area you would ike to target. It is good practice to target a very specific area with each campaign, this will allow you to customise your ad to suit your audience. Also only target an area or country where you actually offer your products and/or services.
5. Select the language your customers speak. Regardless of where you are I would always include English, plus the language that your ad is written in and/or the language that is common among your customers.
6. Network and Device. This is the part where you specify strikeengine.com as the only site where ads in this campaign will show. Go to "networks" and "let me choose". Untick the search box, you do not want these ads appearing in search results. Tick the "Display" box and select "Specific Reach"
7. The final options are down to you and your budget. With new campaigns we recommend setting and bid slightly above what you are prepared to bid on the long-term. This is to give your ad a chance to build up its keyword score. Making the bid high at the start will get your ad showing more often so the score can be built up quickly.
8. On the next page you will be asked to set up an ad group as normal. Except in this case you will leave the keywords box empty. Only enter information in the "placements" box on the left.
9. If you want your ad to be available to show on all pages on StrikeEngine just enter "strikeengine.com. If you want to target specific pages on StrikeEngine, find the page you want to advertise on and copy and paste the web address into this box, for example, to target the Honda Tuners page you would enter "strikeengine.com/honda-tuning-tuners-34″ in the placement box. For the most relevant results we recommend customising ads for each page but if you want to build up some data about the site to start with target the whole site.
10. When you have targeted where you want your ads to appear on StrikeEngine, enter your bid amounts and click "Save"