Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Feb 11, 2007
The Village of Aberlady lies on the south shore of the River Forth a few miles to the East of Edinburgh, Scotland. In the 1890s the Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway Company built a branch line from the East Coast Main Line to the town of Gullane. The line, which never reached North Berwick, passed to the south of the village of Aberlady. The branch was absorbed by the North British Railway in 1900, lost its passenger service 0n the 10th September 1932 and finally closed to all traffic on the 15th June 1964. The model, owned by Bill Blackwood, is built in 'S' Scale (3/16" to the foot) and represents the station in 1924, just after the LNER takeover. At this date most stock still carried their pre-grouping liveries.