Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jun 29, 2013
Enjoy this great salted caramel popcorn recipe over the 4th July holiday! Enjoy them plain or with this delicious caramel sauce. It's super easy to make, really yum and stores really well so you can make plenty in advance. If you prefer caramel popcorn, simply omit the salt. Sneak these beauties into the cinemas and enjoy all the big summer blockbusters!
***** Recipe (makes about 14 cups)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (canola, olive oil works fine also)
1/2 cup popping corn
1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add two pieces of popping corn and place a tight fitting lid over pot. When the two popping corn pop, that's when you know the oil is hot enough.
2. Add the rest of the popping corn and cover with lid. Shake pot gently to evenly distribute popping corn.
3. When corn starts popping shake pot gently. Remove from heat when you can no longer hear popping.
Salted Caramel Variation
125g butter, cubed
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 tbs honey
Baking tray lined with baking paper
1. Combine butter, sugar and honey in a pan over medium heat. Cook, continually stirring until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir until mixture is thick and light golden. Remove from heat.
2. Add a pinch of salt to caramel and stir. Pour caramel onto popcorn and mix until popcorn is coated with caramel. Spread over prepared baking tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt (more if preferred). Allow to cool. Break up into pieces. Serve.
Salt and butter variation
1 tbs butter
salt to taste
1. As soon as you take popcorn off the heat add butter and stir popcorn around. Add salt to taste. Serve.
Please like and subscribe to our channel and make any suggestions of recipes you would like to see below.