Flyover of the RiverArch, the world's only building over a major urban river. The largest building in the world, by floor area.
Living in New York City has never been more challenging, yet more attractive.
To meet the competing demands of affordability, space, and the amenities that savvy New Yorkers demand, will require radical developments in architecture, land use, and building methods.
Blending ancient principles with modern technology, only one project offers:
- Location in a Red Hot neighborhood
- 7,630 Studio - 9-bedroom Apartments, averaging 2.5 persons and 2,159sf - an unprecedented blend of quantity and size for New York City
- No replacement of existing buildings/tenants
- No decommissioning of parks
- Minimal shadowing for size of project
- Very limited use of current public spaces
- Apartments ranging in affordability from 8-figure Condominiums down to 30% of Area Medium Income Rentals, potentially meeting a full 1% of Mayor de Blasio’s city-wide goal to build and preserve 300,000 affordable units.
- 300,000sf of new Public Areas including: 2 50,000sf plazas - 2 19,900sf public parks - 2 30,000sf esplanades - 1 17,100sf Beach - 1 71,000sf Dog run/Playground Park
A Major Bi-Borough public elevator transport system capable of moving 5 million passengers per year.
- Public and Private World class gyms totaling 450,000sf featuring: 12 11-story climbing walls; 1/2-mile running track; 2 Olympic-length glass bottom pools; 1 2,500sf Sandbox with 2 70’ palm trees & a Zip line; and much more…
- 956,000sf prime commercial space
- 162,000sf/900-seat High School
- Beyond Platinum LEED certification: hyper-efficient passive design; 4 to 5 off-grid power sources for complete energy independence
- Teen Center - Senior Center - Dog Center
- 85,000sf Event Space
- 132-seat movie theater
- Four 80-person meeting rooms
- Four 1,000sf Greenhouses
- A 42-person Catering Kitchen & Banquet Room
- A 350-seat restaurant with unparalleled NYC views on the 87th floor
- Two 6,084sf public observation decks on the 87th floor
- Unparalleled views for discerning buyers
- 213,000sf of Resident Common Areas including: 20 semi-private courtyards - 4 Corner Terraces - 4 3,250sf Lanais with indoor/outdoor gardens - 2 BBQ terraces - 4 Greenhouses - 1 100,000sf split-level roof deck
- A Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 8.7 if East River is included as part of Area (no interference with river beyond current land footprint; only air rights needed)
- 350 indoor parking spots & indoor pickup/drop-off
- 1,344 bicycle spots
- Direct-to-barge garbage delivery, to reduce garbage truck traffic up to 90%
Preliminary Baseline Projections indicate:
- $20b in Direct and Indirect costs, depending on financing
- $28b in sale of 7,630 Condos & storage rooms, including 30% inclusionary @ 50% discount rate psf (some may be retained by building owner for inclusionary housing)
- $608m/year Gross Income: combined RiverArch Corporation and Condo Association
- Major Architect onboard.
- Community Center Developer onboard
- Lobbyists onboard.
- Army Corps of Engineers provided forms and path forward
- City, State, Federal politicians visited
- Dept. of City Planning Pre-Approval Statement pending
Could be redesigned as mixed office-residential building with up to 9m sf off large floorplate office space, floors 3-32.
Looking for serious partners, investors, developers. Contact:
Scott Baker - Originator & Designer
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/authorsco...