How to get a Default Decree in Family Court





The interactive transcript could not be loaded.



Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Feb 13, 2013

Effective January 1, 2013 Revisions to Title 25, Chapter 4 of the Arizona Revised Statues were made that eliminated the term "custody". The revision also included that the term "legal custody" is now referred to as "Legal Decision Making". Further; the term "physical custody" is now referred to as "parenting time".

In Arizona, a divorce is called a Dissolution of Marriage. To start your dissolution or divorce, you must complete a "Petition for Dissolution of Marriage" and file it with the court. When you file the petition for dissolution, you will be given a case number. Your case number will begin with an FC if your case involves children or an FN if your case does not involve children. Always keep this number with you when you call or come to court.

This video will walk you through the steps of filing for divorce. For further information, please see the Superior Court website.


  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License
Comments are disabled for this video.
When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...