Gluten Free Recipes: How to Make Apple Pie (French Recipe) & Snickerdoodles
Chef and baker, Cricket Azima for the Betty Crocker kitchens describes two fantastic gluten free recipes that will please everyone, whether they are eating gluten free or not - Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie and gluten free Snickerdoodle cookies.
Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie (Gluten Free Recipe)
3 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (3 medium) 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg ½ cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix ½ cup granulated sugar ½ cup milk 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted 3 eggs
Streusel 1/3 cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix 1/3 cup chopped nuts ¼ cup packed brown sugar 3 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
1. Heat oven to 325ºF. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg; place in pie plate.
2. In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over apple mixture in pie plate. In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients, using fork, until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Store in refrigerator.
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix eggs, 1 cup of the sugar, the butter and shortening. Stir in Bisquick mix until dough forms.
2. In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. (If dough feels too soft for shaping into balls, put dough in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.) Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.