This guide is extremely outdated. I recommend you use this recent guide that works on any firmware and is much, much more stable than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJuPB...
THIS DOESN'T WORK ON 2DS OR N3DS!
Today I'll be showing you how to get CFW on 3DS without a DS Flashcart or a Gateway! This is the first ever video tutorial on how to do this WITHOUT a DS Flashcart ever needed. To make this even more convenient, I put all the files needed into one .zip archive for you to download. No installation, just a few programs you'll need to run. Follow the video tutorial, but refer back to the written one if you forgot to do something. I also made the video available in 1080p if you like high quality videos :p
~~~WHAT YOU WILL NEED~~~
1. SD Card (At least 1GB)
3. Internet Access
4. "All CFW Files" downloaded
5. Computer (PC or Mac are recommended)
Skip the pre-setup steps if your 3DS is 4.5 or below! Do the pre-setup if your 3DS is above 4.5.
(Pre-setup) 1. Downgrade your 3DS Firmware to 4.5 or less using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziB29...
(Pre-setup) 2.Turn off your 3DS after that's complete.
1. Download & Extract the folder "All CFW Files".
2. Delete ALL files from your SD Card.
3. Copy the folders inside "All CFW Files" to the root of your SD Card.
4. Copy the "MT_INSTALLER" and "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5. Copy everything from inside the "Spider3DSTools & code.bin" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 1 now!
6. Eject your SD Card and put it into your 3DS.
7. Start up your 3DS.
8. Launch the Internet Browser, and go to this URL: http://mkiddy.leerik.nl/mset/
9. Wait for it to finish installing the DS Profile Exploit. The web browser will crash when it's complete.
10. Once its finished installing, go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
10a. If the MT Card Launcher loads, then you've successfully installed the DS Profile Exploit!
11. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
12. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your computer.
13. Copy the "Launcher.dat" from "Gateway Launcher.dat" on your SD Card.
14. Paste it to the root of your SD Card, overwriting the "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder.
14a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 3 now!
15. Eject your SD Card from your computer, and put it back into your 3DS.
16. Start up your 3DS.
17. Go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
18. The Gateway menu should load.
19. Scroll to the right until you find the "FORMAT EMUNAND" option.
20. Click "A".
21. Click "Start".
22. Wait for it to finish formatting. This part of the video is time-lapsed! It will take a lot longer than it does in the video.
23. Press "A" when it's done.
23a. You've successfully formatted emuNAND!
24. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
25. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your computer.
25a. It should be named "GATEWAYNAND" now.
26. Navigate to SD:\Nintendo 3DS\gibberish numbers and letters\gibberish numbers and letters\ and create a folder called "dbs".
27. Make a new text document.
28. Do not put ANYTHING in it, and save it as "title.db" and save it once again as "import.db". Make sure to change the file extension from *.txt to All Files.
28a. You've successfully tricked your system!
29. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your 3DS.
30. Turn on your 3DS and go to Settings -- Data Management -- Nintendo 3DS Software
31. Click OK when it asks you to format data.
32. Once it's done, go back into Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile.
33. Hold the "L" Button, and go into Nintendo DS Profile.
33a. You've successfully installed & booted CFW!
33b. If it doesn't work, try letting go of the "L" button very quickly after clicking Nintendo DS Profile.
All CFW Files: http://adf.ly/1RVluG
All CFW Files (Mirror): http://adf.ly/1RVlvc
All CFW Files (Mirror 2): http://adf.ly/1RVlxy
Q: Will this brick my 3DS?
A: Possibly. When in doubt, back up your NAND.
Q: Is there an easier way?
A: Yes, there's an annotation for a much easier and better CFW.
Thanks for watching! I hope this helped! Don't forget to like and subscribe for more tutorials like this.