How to make macaroni salad. This macaroni salad with tuna is loaded with veggies like bell peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumber and celery. The dressing is made with oil, vinegar and a very small amount of mayonnaise. The mayo is only there to emulsify the salad.
This salad needs to be a little tart with the vinegar. It is not your typical pasta salad that is drowned in mayonnaise.
SUBSCRIBE HERE! - http://full.sc/LQTHYV
Share, like and comment.
Follow me :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fr...
Instagram : http://instagram.com/thefrugalchef
12 oz. cooked elbow macaroni
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1- 8 oz. can tuna, drained and flaked
1 small green bell pepper, diced
4 oz. grape tomatoes
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1 ½ tablespoons salt (more to taste)
½ tablespoon mayonnaise
• In a bowl mix together the macaroni, tuna and all the vegetables.
• Add the olive oil and the salt to the salad. Mix well.
• Add the cider vinegar and mix well.
• Taste the salad and make sure you do not need to adjust the salt or vinegar. You need to balance the two well.
• Add the mayo and mix. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
CALORIES 384.92; FAT 21.93 grs (sat 3.10; mono 15.03; poly 2.86); PROTEIN 11.61 grs ; FIBER 2.17 grs; CARBS 34.79 grs; CHOLESTEROL 10.56 mg; IRON 1.39 mg; SODIUM 961.47 mg; CALCIUM 29.96 mg
Print your recipe here - http://thefrugalchef.com/2010/06/maca...