Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 28, 2017
I had planned to turn another wet piece as the large piece of Spalted Beech I have had been sitting out in a mill for a while in all weathers during the winter (mostly damp up here in Cumbria). However when I cut into the piece I found that it was actually quite dry.
The main issue I had with this project was that so much of the wood was so soft that there was very large areas of tear out. Also when you sanded the piece the softwood went away so much quicker than the harder parts and the whole piece soon became out of shape.
The final result was very pleasing, a hard worked project with a nice end result.