Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 14, 2011
Durmstrang Orchestra's string ensemble perform Arvo Pärt's "Magnificat" (1989). Orchestration by Nicholas Packwood.
* Magnificat anima mea Dominum. My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
* Et exultavit spiritus meus in Deo salutari meo. My spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
* Quia respexit humilitatem ancillae suae. He has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
* Ecce enim ex hoc beatam me dicent: Omnes generationes. From this day all generations will call me blessed;
* Quia fecit mihi magna, qui potens est, et sanctum nomen eius, The Almighty has done great things for me and holy is His name.
* Et misericordia eius in progenies et progenies timentibus eum. He has mercy on those who fear Him, from generation to generation.
* Fecit potentiam in bracchio suo, He has shown strength with His arm, dispersit superbos mente cordis sui. and has scattered the proud in their conceit. Deposuit potentes de sede Casting down the mighty from their thrones et exultavit humiles. and lifting up the lowly.
* Esurientes implevit bonis He has filled the hungry with good things et divites dimisit inanes. and sent the rich away empty.
* Suscepit Israel puerum suum, He has come to the aid of His servant Israel, recordatus misericordiae suae. to remember His promise of mercy.
* Sicut locutus est ad patres nostros, The promise made to our ancestors, Abraham et semini eius in saecula. To Abraham and his children forever.