Recorded on January 07, 2014 | 17h45-20h30 UTC
A Filament Eruption occured on AR11944 and produced a strong X1.2 Class Flare, it was associated with a coronal shockwave - propagation clearly visible on composite AIA Significant bright post-eruption arcade loops.
A strong CME (coronal mass ejection) is visible on coronographs and due to the geo-effective position of AR11944, the solar radiation storm could reach Earth on January 9 and cause active to major storm conditions, possibly with severe storm intervals..
SDO AIA | Full HD Quality Video | 1920x1080p
More real-time Solar data/Imagery/Activity:
- SIC: Solar Imagery Center
- NASA - Solar Dynamics Observatory:
- Solar & Heliospheric Observatory - SOHO:
- The Sun Today - LMSAL:
- NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center:
- STAR: Solar Terrestrial Activity Report