Day #3 of Camping in the Rocky Mountains. Making Campfire cinnamon rolls in the dutch oven and explaining how we did it. Recipe for OSG's famous cinnamon rolls...
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup softened (room temp) butter
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
4 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup softened butter
6 tbsp softened butter
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1. In a small mixing cup, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer and dough hook. Add the salt, eggs, and flour and continue to mix together. Add the yeast mixture and mix until well incorporated.
2. Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and cover for 1+ hours or until it has about doubled in size.
3. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it resembles a rectangle, pre-heat the oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
4. Mix together the next set of ingredients (butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon) in the mixing bowl and spread evenly on top of the rolled out dough. Using your hands is easiest as the mixture sticks to spoons and is hard to work with.
5. Roll up the dough like a long sleeping bag and slice into 1 1/2 inch rolls. Place in the prepared baking dish and let rise for another 30-60 mins. Bake for 20 mins
6. Combine the last set of ingredients in a mixing bowl (butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, vanilla, and salt) until a smooth icing is formed. Spread over the top of the rolls when done baking but while still warm. Enjoy!
If you would like to send us, or little Emery something in the mail our PO box is below
PO box #370
Argyle, TX 76226
OUR NEW INSTAGRAM PAGE @THELAKELIFEFAMILY
Interested in collaborating with us? email us at TheLakeLifeFamily@gmail.com
Join us each week as we go through real life at the treehouse, from home renovations and projects to learning how to be first time parents. Life is always spontaneous, fun, and full of laughter because we enjoy each and every moment together. Our channel is all about the ups and downs of life, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Our vlogs are family friendly and represent the true way we live our lives.
Want to catch more LFG and OSG during the week? Check out all the different platforms we post regularly to.
Steph's Nutrition and Lifestyle blog where she has all her favorite recipes and baby updates: http://bit.ly/TheHealthyChew
Shop Steph's merchandise and recipe cook books: http://bit.ly/ShopAVOGL
Justin's Instagram: http://bit.ly/2MrfAlx
Steph's Instagram: http://bit.ly/HealthyChewInsta
Justin's YouTube Channel 'Lake Fork Guy': http://bit.ly/2Mq3ucA