The Cup Final - Technicolor (1963)





The interactive transcript could not be loaded.



Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 13, 2014

This item is filmed in Technicolor.

Wembley Stadium, London.

GV. Exterior of the Wembley stadium - cars parked in foreground. GV. Crowded stands. GV. The band of the Royal Marines in front of the rostrum on which Frank Rex is standing leading the community singing. SV. Frank Rex on the rostrum. GV. The band. Various shots of the crowd singing.

GV. Start of the FA (Football Association) Cup Final between Manchester United and Leicester City, teams walking out on the pitch, & GV. SV. Teams walking towards camera. Leicester led by Matthew Gillies on left and Manchester United led by Matt Busby. GV. Crowd. SV. The captains in the middle with referee Aston. Noel Cantwell on left and Colin Appleton, they shake hands. SCU. As Appleton spins the coin and Cantwell calls wrong. GV. Crowd.

GV. United kicking off from left to right. Albert Quixall passes the ball back. The ball is them passed to the right wing. John Giles kicks the ball up field. Leicester player brings it under control and a colleague clears up field. GV. Leicester attacking. The ball is passed down the middle. GV. Mike Stringfellow evading a tackle. Camera changes to slow motion as he crosses the ball. David Gaskell just touches it with a foot. The ball runs right across goal and behind for a corner.

SV. Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, and other dignitaries watching. GV. Corner being taken. The ball comes in from the right wing. SV. Slow motion as the ball comes in. Players jump for the ball. Leicester man heads it but it goes well wide of goal. CU. Man in crowd.

GV. United attacking. Patrick Crerand in possession. He tries a long shot which is headed out. SV. The ball comes towards camera. John Giles runs onto it, he passes to David Herd. GV. Herd shoots and Gordon Banks goes down to save. SCU. Crowd.

GV. United attacking on the left wing. Banks goes up to save and he throws it out. GV. Leicester attacking. A long ball is put into penalty area. GV. Slow motion as the ball drops. Maurice Setters and Stringfellow go for it. Setters heads it back towards his own goal. Stringfellow follows the ball up and jumps as Gaskell punches clear. Stringfellow falls to the ground taking Gaskell with him but the ball has been cleared. GV. The ball running loose. Leicester player runs onto it and centres from the right. Gaskell comes out of goal and goes up for the ball but Noel Cantwell heads it. The ball goes into the air. Stringfellow and a United player jump for it. United player gets to it and heads it out and it is finally kicked clear.

GV. United attacking on the left. The ball is passed into the middle. GV. Slow motion, the ball coming across goal on the ground. Denis Low controls the ball and shoots on the turn and the ball goes into the net past the diving Banks. United in the lead 1-0. GV. United players running back. LV. United fans cheering.

GV. United on the attack. Law with the ball. He passes to David Herd. Herd passes back to Law. He runs onto the ball. GV. Law chasing the ball. Gordon Banks dives at his feet. Law evades him and keeps possession. He shoots towards goal and the ball is just cleared by the lunging feet of two Leicester defenders who both fall to the ground. SCU. Crowd. GV. Referee blowing whistle and players walking off at half time.

GV. Crowd. GV. Band wheeling and marching towards camera. SV. The Queen and others in royal box. GV. The band counter marching. GV. Crowd cheering. GV. Teams coming out for the second half. GV. Crowd cheering. LV. Leicester kick off in the second half and immediately start an attack. LV. Pan, Leicester forward takes a shot but goalkeeper Gaskell saves it easily. CU. Women in crowd cheering. GV. United attacking down the right wing. The ball is crossed from the right wing to Bobby Charlton on the left. LV. Pan as Charlton shoots. Banks dives but the ball hits him and bounces to Herd who pushes it over the line for United's second goal. United in the lead 2-0. GV. Crowd cheering & closer shot. LV. The same goal, now in slow motion. GV. Players running back up field congratulating each other. CU. Supporters applauding.

LV. Leicester kick off and start an attack down their left wing. The ball is centred but a United defender gets his head to it and heads it back to keeper Gaskell who saves. LV. Crowd. GV. Leicester attacking. A forward takes a shot but it goes outside the post. SV. Crowd. LV. Leicester attacking again down the right wing. Howard Riley shoots but the ball goes just past the post. SV. Crowd. GV. Play in the United goal area. CU. Man in crowd. GV. Ken Keyworth shoots, ball goes over the line for Leicester's goal. LV. Pan, players congratulate Keyworth. LV Scoreboard - Leicester City 1, Manchester United 2.

LV. United kick off an
FILM ID:1762.17


When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...