2 tbsp butter softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick baking mix
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanila
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp red food colour
4 oz (125g) cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1. heat oven to 350F, line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats (or grease with cooking spray)
2. In medium bowl, beat 2 tbsp of butter and the granulated sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add remaining cookie ingredients and beat until well combined.
Drop by tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches in between them. I ended up with 14 cookies (7 pies) but if you make them with a tablespoon sized measure you should get 28 cookies (14 pies)
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely.
4. Combine the cream cheese with the 1/4 cup of butter and beat together, add the remaining filling ingredients and beat well until smooth and creamy.
5. For each whoopie pie, spread 1 generous dollop of filling on the bottom of 1 cookie and place a second cookie, bottom side down, on filling.
Store in refrigerator.