Loading...

E-cigarette explodes in nightclub owner’s pocket

152,798 views

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Nov 2, 2016

Toulouse, France - Amine Britel was standing outside his club when his e-cigarette began sparking, with the dramatic incident caught on CCTV footage.

The incident took place just after midnight outside the Toulouse club, with the sparks quickly melting the man’s jacket.

Britel said: “All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and a noise like a flare had gone off, only ten times louder.

“And after the shock of the explosion, I realised that I had caught fire.

He said he at first did not realise what had happened, saying: “I did not really understand what was happening to me. The pain only came afterwards.”

Emergency crews rushed to the scene, finding the man suffering serious injuries.

Firefighters took Britel to the nearby Rangueil Hospital emergency room.

Britel said: “I have second-degree burns on my stomach and my jacket melted around my finger where I tried to put the fire out.

“Fortunately I was wearing a cotton T-shirt underneath and not a synthetic one. Also fortunately, the battery was not in my jeans.”

Security guards managed to get the spare battery for the e-cigarette out of the man’s pocket after rushing to help the nightclub owner.

The man is now expected to have to undergo weeks of treatment for the severe burns he suffered.

Lucky to not have suffered even worse injuries, Britel said he believed the fire had been sparked by the e-cigarette battery coming into contact with money in his pocket.

He said: “I bought the battery in a local shop in Toulouse, but I have nothing against them.

“But I’m a little upset about the Chinese brand, who could have been clearer about the risks that users are facing.”

He now plans to sue the company – but said he did not expect the suit to be successful.

He even has not been put off using e-cigarettes, saying he now used devices with an integrated battery.

👍 Raw Leak on Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/rawleak
👌 Raw Leak's new gaming channel ➜ https://goo.gl/5cfrR7
👌 Top Rated Dashcams on Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/1Pe4tLh

✋ About the video / Community guidelines ✋
This footage is NOT intended to be violent or glorify violence in any way. We are sharing this footage STRICTLY for the purposes of news reporting and educating. Raw Leak is a channel where we strive to show people the videos that has been left out of the main-stream media.

If you'd like to keep up to date be sure to subscribe.
For copyright issues e-mail ➜ info@rawleak.com or P.M.

Help Raw Leak researching videos and join the official Discord channel ➜ https://discord.gg/0120kuGY4wHXajppU

Loading...

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...