Here are my written recipes of these 2 dishes and some photos!
Mugwort soup recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/ssukguk
Mugwort rice cake recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/ssukbe...
"Mugwort soup / 쑥국 / Ssukguk (or sookgook)"
Ingredients for 2 servings (cooking time: 30 minutes):
Mugwort, clams, dried anchovies, onion, soybean paste, flour, garlic, green or red chili pepper,perilla seeds powder
1. Place 12-13 small clams in a bowl. Add 1 cup of water and 1 ts salt and mix well. Soak for 1 hour to let the clams spit out any sand or mud.
2. Wash and clean 3-4 cups of mugwort thoroughly by washing thoroughly and rinsing and draining in cold running water a couple of times. You may need to scrub it by hand to remove any residual dirt from between the leaves. Put it in a bowl and set aside
3. Make anchovy stock:
o Put 6 cups of water into a pot.
o Add ½ cup's worth of chopped onion (about ½ an onion) and 10 large dried anchovies (with guts and heads removed) to the pot.
o Boil for 20 minutes over high heat.
4. Gently mix the mugwort with ¼ cup soy bean paste, 1 tbs flour, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 tbs perilla seeds powder (optional).
5. Strain the stock so it's clear and a little brownish. Put it back in the pot and reheat it.
6. Add the seasoned mugwort mixture to the boiling stock.
7. Wash and drain the clams and put them into the soup.
8. Cook 5-7 minutes more, then add chopped green or red chili pepper.
9. Transfer the soup to a bowl and serve with rice and a few more side dishes.
"Mugwort rice cake / 쑥버물 / Ssukbeomul"
Fresh mugwort (ssuk), sweet rice flour, sugar, salt, and water.
1. Clean 2 cups of mugwort (70 grams) by washing thoroughly and rinsing and draining in cold running water a couple of times. You may need to scrub it by hand to remove any residual dirt from between the leaves.
2. Slightly squeeze the clean mugwort and put it on a microwavable plate.
3. Add 1/3 cup sweet rice flour, 1 tbs sugar, ¼ ts salt, and 2 tbs water.
4. Mix it up with both hands until there's no sweet rice flour left at the bottom of the plate.
5. Cook it for 3-4 minutes in the microwave oven.
6. Take it off the plate and turn it over with a spoon or spatula.
7. Serve it hot.