FOCUS IRAN II
International Solidarity with the Iranian Student Movement
On the occasion of Irans National Students Day
Saturday December 5, 2009
Delft University, Holland
Iranian Prominent Student Activists:
1. Ahmad Batebi, Spokesperson of Human Rights Activists in Iran (HRAI). He gained international fame as an icon for Irans student movement for his appearance on the July 17, 1999 cover of The Economist magazine, holding up a shirt splattered with the blood of a fellow protester. The death sentence he received was further reduced to 10 years prison.
2. Bahareh Hedayat, Spokesperson of the Student Union, Office to Foster Unity and member of the One Million Signatures Campaign for womens equality in Iran
2. Parisa Nasrabadi, socialist student activist, editorial chief of Gavan, University & People, Be Pish! student magazine.
3. Saeed Ghasseminejad, Spokesperson of Iranian Liberal Students and Graduates. He was sentenced to 2 years suspended Imprisonment.
4. Anahita Hosseini, former member of Students for Freedom and Equality in Iran. She was arrested and has been freed on bail.
- Bert van den Kendelaere, Representative of European Students Union
- Zita Schellekens, Presidium Member and Coordinator for Social Movements of International Union of Socialist Youth
- Sandra Reynaers, Representative of International Federation of Liberal Youth
- Bronne Pot, Vice President of Youth of the European Peoples Party
- Eline Van Nistelrooij, Spokesperson of Young European Greens
- Aloys Rigaut, President of European Liberal Youth
- Tine Radinja, President of European Youth Forum
- Lukas Kaindlstorfer, Board member of European School Student Unions
- Iraj Janati Ataei, playwright, poet and lyricist
- Shahrokh Moshkin Ghalam, dancer, actor, unique Foreign Pensionnaire of the prestigious French Comédie Française
- Pejman Akbarzadeh, pianist, researcher and journalist
- Shahin Najafi, singer, songwriter and musician
- Anonymous Sinners, rap music band
- Persian traditional music, Pasha Karami, Pejman Zahedian, Ramin Azimian