Gastrofork: CookShow! features local everyday people cooking delicious dishes.
Today we have Joe cooking the Spanish-Filipino dish, Mechado (served best with rice!). RECIPE BELOW!
Become our Patron: http://www.patreon.com/gastrofork
Visit our Website: http://www.gastrofork.ca
Gastrofork on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gastrofork
Gastrofork on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gastrofork
Buy our Filipino Cookbook, Filipino Cooking Made Easy!: http://gastrofork.ca/2012/filipino-co...
3 big tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
4 cloves of garlic
2 medium onions, chopped
2 lbs beef steak, cubed
1 ring of sausage, sliced
Soy sauce to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Red Pepper -- fried
4 Small potatoes, cubed and fried
1. Put all meat into a large pot and fill with with a little bit of water.
2. Cut up tomatoes, chop onions, garlic and add into pot. Add bay leaf.
3. Pour in tomato sauce into the pot and mix. Add a little bit of soy sauce and black pepper and salt to taste.
4. Squeeze some lemon into the pot.
5. Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
6. In a pan, heat oil and fry red peppers until just cooked.
7. Remove from pan, fry potatoes until browned.
8. Stir the pot once in a while, as it boils.
9. After 40 minutes, add potatoes and half of the red peppers.
10. Let cook for another 5-10 minutes.
11. Pour into serving dish and garnish the top with left over red peppers.