1. OVERVIEW: This "historic" video was originally distributed in 1992 as part of the six-tape 'V9202' videotape series. This Part 1 (edited to 18 minutes) is the introduction. This material was 'new' in 1992, but now overlaps the approximately ten Autocontrols Largescale videos that have been previously uploaded to Youtube and Vimeo.
It DOES have some unique footage, showing five trains operating on a large 80-foot long loop controlled by an automatic block and an automatic passing siding, showing the now discontinued APS Electric Eye Control, showing how a handcar can "bounce" between two trains controlled by an automatic block, and shows Tom Flynn's five-track automatic passing siding in operation.
* Part 1: Overview - 1:10
* Part 2: 6 Trains on 1 Mainline - 4:40
* Part 3: Closer Look (auto blk & auto.passing siding) - 5:10
* Magnetic Block (LGB components) - 5:14
* APS Electric Eye Block - 7:00
* Automatic Passing Siding - 8:08
* Automatic Block Protecting Automatic Passing Siding - 9:50
* Part 4: Automatic Route Selection - 11:50
* Part 5: Automatic Switching Block - 14:04
* Part 6: Tom Flynn's Five-Track Auto. Passing Siding - 15:50
* 17:10 - Fifteen-second glimpse of Byron Fenton's rotary snowblower
* 17:30 - Conclusion
* 18:06 - End
3. RELATED LINKS:
* Same video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/55247698
* For other AutoControls videos, visit the "VIDEO INDEX PAGE" at http://AutoControls.org
This iMovie video was assembled 12/9/2012 by http://JamesRobertIngram.com (aka AutoControls.org, aka Track2.com, aka RailVideos.org).
* Most of the ORIGINAL video footage was recorded on Super VHS tape in approximately Jan 1991 at the "Tri State Auto Show" in Denver, Colorado.
(This description updated 12/9/2012.)