Loading...

Kauno botanikos sodas.Kaunas Botanical Garden (arboretum)

6,700 views

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 6, 2009

Kauno botanikos sodas.
http://virtualus.projektas.lt/audio/6...

(Vytauto Didžiojo universiteto Kauno botanikos sodas) yra Aukštojoje Fredoje, Kaune. Veikia 2 skyriai Ekspozicijų ir kolekcijų bei Mokslo. Mokslo skyriuje yra dendrologijos, fitoekologijos, pomologijos ir vaistinių augalų grupės.
Sode auga 8653 augalų rūšys, veislės ir formos. Veikia botanikos muziejus, biblioteka, herbariumas, 3 laboratorijos (Biochemijos, Augalų apsaugos ir Sėklų mainų), oranžerijos (510 kv.m), šiltnamiai (360 kv.m).
Šiuo metu VDU Kauno botanikos sodas užima 62,5 ha plotą. Visuomenės lankymui atviros ekspozicijos užima apie 30 ha plotą.
Kaunas Botanical Garden was founded in 1923 as the centre of botanical sciences that belonged to Lithuanian (later Vytautas Magnus) University. Professor Konstantin Regel (1890-1970)from Tartu University was invited to guide this project. An internationally known botanist and scientist of high erudition, prof. K. Regel started the organization of the new Botanical Garden immediately and very professionally. With the help of other Botanical gardens, especially Berlins Dahlem, Konigsberg and St. Petersburgs Kaunas Botanical Garden built up very rapidly. Not only the deep knowledge of botany but also the Regels family tradition was helpful there his grandfather Edward Regel headed the Royal Botanical Garden in St. Petersburg, and two of his uncles Arnold and Robert were also famous botanists.The Botanical Garden was granted the area of 74 hectares in a former estate of Joseph Godlewski on 15 February, 1923. The same year on 8 July, the Botanical Garden was sanctified and President Aleksandras Stulginskis placed the cornerstone for the Greenhouse. Building of the Greenhouse was one of the most important tasks for establishing Kaunas Botanical Garden. The construction ended only in 1938.
Prof. Konstantin Regel was the first director of the Botanical Garden from 1923 till 1940. He had visited numerous botanical gardens in Western European and was well informed about their structure and the gardening techniques used at that time. He used every possibility to transfer the best experience to Kaunas. A famous garden architect Karol Rauth from Hanover was invited to create a detailed planning project for the Botanical Garden. The former path system in the old park was modified. In 1923-1925, the first 4 chambers of the Greenhouse with controlled temperature and a tropical pool were constructed, implementing the project of a German company „Höntech. At the same time, under the supervision of a botanist Jurgis Kuprevičius, the dendropark consisting of the old estate park, the new arboretum as well as the section of plant taxonomy were established. The first catalogue for the seed exchange was published in 1924. The same year prof. Kazys Grybauskas returned from Russia and founded the Department of Medicinal Plants, which was later successfully extended. In the summer of 1925, the collections of Kaunas Botanical Garden were opened not only for individual visitors but also for the excursion groups.
more...http://botanika.vdu.lt/index.php?page...

Loading...

Advertisement
When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...