Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Oct 16, 2011
Each item in a coat of arms has detailed symbolism attached to it. Here is the short symbolism behind each item in the Pourgol family coat of arms:
1) The two royal falcons represent me "Shahin" as the patriarch of Pourgol family in Canada protecting the family. The name Shahin in Farsi means "royal falcon".
2) On the shield; on top and bottom and the middle are colors of green, red and white symbolizing Iran; where Pourgol family came from.
3) In the middle of the shield; five maple leave; symbolizing Canada; where Pourgol family resides and the five initial members of Pourgol clan in Canada.
4) My dog Snowy on the shield represents unconditional love. The love I have for all family and people around me.
5) The lion on the shield has two meaning. First is a symbol of Venice, Italy; where I proposed to the love of my life. She is the reason behind all my success. Because of her I am the happiest man alive. Second; it symbolizes my son.
6) The two books symbolize my father's school, and my school (National Academy of Osteopathy), as well as the love my dad instilled in me for books; which is one of the reasons for my success.
7) The green leave on top symbolizes nature that I love so dearly. It also symbolizes the village of Foshtom, city of Rasht and the province of Gilan that are so green.
8) The vertebra on top symbolizes chiropractic & Osteopathy. Chiropractic directed me toward a career in health. Osteopathy directed me to share my knowledge with students. Inside the vertebra is the word "Shahin" in Farsi.
9) Dream Big. Take Action; at the bottom is my motto in life. It is what I believe and what has taken me to where I am.
10) The color green, orange, and blue represent Union Ergonomics, Spinal Traction Clinic and National Academy of Osteopathy. They are entities that allowed me to help my fellow Canadians by creating jobs and providing a better life for so many people while helping thousands of patients decrease their pain. These colors also represent Trees, sun and sea that I love so much.
11) The purple color on the shield symbolizes my best friend Devika; who is the best human being I have ever met. She has taught me a lot about the fine art of tranquility.