4 IMPORTANT steps to follow before purchasing:
1) Avoid chia seeds that were made in China.
2) Avoid seeds that are not 100% pure.
3) Certified...certified and certified! Always choose certified production - that is your best quality guarantee.
4) Cheap seeds = low quality seeds (possible GMO).
Brands I trust and recommend to my patients, friends and family members:
Certified Chia Seeds - this is probably the oldest brand around I have been personally using their products for years and I can vouch for their quality. The only problem with them is that due to their popularity they are often out of stock. Their official website is http://certifiedchiaseeds.com
Salvia hispanica, a plant native to South and Central America, produces the Chia seeds. These seeds can be used as medicine and also as food and were once valued so much by the Aztecs that they used the seeds as currency. These seeds are currently used to enhance weight loss and also suppress cancer and heart diseases. Chia seeds, nevertheless, can trigger negative health effects. It is necessary to discuss its use with a doctor, especially its inclusion in one's diet. Here are some of the side effects of Chia seeds.
- Chia seeds may cause formation of gas and bloated feelings in the gut thus leading to gastrointestinal disruptions. This is due to its high fiber content.
- Some people also develop allergic reactions to Chia seeds. This is as a result of its proteins that can trigger adverse reactions. Chia seeds cause similar allergic reactions like mustard seeds and thus those prone to allergic reactions from mustard seeds should also avoid Chia seeds. Some symptoms of the allergies triggered by the Chia seeds include skin rashes, difficulty in breathing, diarrhea, skin rashes, hives and watery eyes. It can also result in swelling of the tongue, throat and mouth.
- Surgery patients and patients on aspirin or blood thinners need to consult a medical practitioner before using Chia seeds.
- In 2004, a study was conducted which found that the use of Chia seeds can increase vulnerability to prostate cancer in men.
- Another study carried out in Canada found that the diastolic blood pressure can be radically reduced by Chia seeds. Consequently, people with low blood pressure should avoid it.
- There is a high chance of addiction to Chia seeds and thus they should be consumed intermittently, with considerable intervals between each time of consumption.
- Lactating mothers and pregnant women should also avoid Chia seeds even though only few researches have been conducted to show its negative effect on them.
benefits of chia seeds side effects
chia seeds side effect
chia seeds side effects & benefits
chia seeds side effects anxiety
chia seed pudding recipe
chia seeds side effects benefits
chia seeds side effects bloating
chia seeds side effects blood pressure
chia seeds side effects children
chia seeds side effects depression
chia seeds side effects diarrhea
pure chia seeds side effects dr. perricone
chia seeds side effects for women
pure chia seeds side effects gas
chia seeds side effects heart
chia seeds side effects men
side effects of chia
side effect of chia seed
chia seeds side effect prostate cancer
chia seeds side effect research
chia seed benefits
pure chia seeds