This video was realized within Flow Machines, a project by Sony CSL, in collaboration with UPMC - Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris. Flow Machines received funding from the European Research Council under the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP/2007-2013) / ERC Grant Agreement n. 291156.
The various harmonizations of Beethoven's Ode to Joy were realized using different prototypes developed in the project.
- The Bossa Nova accompaniment was produced using original guitar recordings of François Pachet and recomposed using an improved concatenative synthesis algorithm designed by Mathieu Ramona and François Pachet
- The Lounge harmonization was produced from transcriptions of lounge theme (Cookie Raver by Illumination) transcribed by Alexandre Tanguy, and transformed using an algorithm developed by François Pachet and Pierre Roy
- The jazz 6-voices harmonization was produced from transcriptions of Take 6 harmonizations by Antoine Dessein, and a system designed by François Pachet and Pierre Roy using Markov constraint techniques
- The Ennio Morricone, Beatles and Lillywood and the pricks orhestrations were produced from original recordings made by Benoit Carré, and recomposed using FlowAudio, a system designed and implemented by M. Marchini using Markov constraints techniques
- The Bach chorale was produced from MIDI transcriptions of Bach chorales, using a max entropy model developed by Gaétan Hadjeres and Jason Sakellariou
- The overall mix was performed by Benoit Carré and Emmanuel Deruty.