How to make orange chicken - Chinese chiken recipes. This recipe does require some work but I pormise you it is delightful. It is not like the greasy food you get at take out. It is tender chicken enveloped in a silky and exquisite orange sauce.
SUBSCRIBE HERE! - http://full.sc/LQTHYV
Share, like and comment.
Follow me :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fr...
Instagram : http://instagram.com/thefrugalchef
2 whole chicken breasts – skinned, boned and cut into 1.5 inch strips
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 TBS sugar
2 TBS soy sauce
2 tsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp. sesame oil
4 TBS chicken stock
FOR THE COATING:
1 egg white
2 TBS peanut oil
4 TBS cornstarch
1 tsp. rice vinegar
FOR FINISHING UP:
1 TBS minced ginger
1 TBS minced garlic
1 small green bell pepper – diced
1 small orange bell pepper - diced
3 scallions – chopped
1 heaping TBS orange zest
Orange slices for garnishing
• Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until mixed well. Set aside.
• Whisk the coating ingredients until mixed well.
• Place the cut up chicken in a bowl. Add the coating and make sure all the chicken is coated well.
• Heat a large skillet or wok with about 2 inch deep peanut oil – until oil is 400 degrees.
• Add the chicken in batches – and cook for only a couple of minutes. Remove the chicken, reheat the oil and add the rest. Repeat the process.
• Reheat the oil one more time and add the chicken – in batches – until starting to turn golden brown. Do not overcook it as it will get hard.
• Empty all but 2 TBS of the oil in the wok.
• Heat well – again.
• Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for one minute until fragrant.
• Add the scallions, peppers and orange zest. Cook for another few minutes – until peppers are cooked but still crisp.
• Add the chicken and the reserved liquid.
• Cook for a couple minutes until sauce is hot and chicken is heated through.
• Serve garnished with fresh orange slices.
Print your recipe here - http://thefrugalchef.com/2011/05/how-...