Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Oct 23, 2016
RAF Newton was used briefly as a bomber base and then as a flying training school during World War II. The station became the headquarters of No 12 Group, Fighter Command from 1946 until 1958, when Technical Training Command took over the station for electronic fitters courses. The station became the home of the RAF School of Education in1972, and also the RAF Police Training School in 1973. The base closed in 1996.