Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jun 10, 2013
This is my friend Jamie's Stellar Wars. We've been working on it off and on for a month now. It had several bad 7408 AND gates that we replaced with 74F08s. The display segment drivers had all been harvested by someone, so we replaced them with NOS UDN6118As. We installed 1n5375B zener diodes that regulate the high voltage at 83V, which is exactly what the 6118A calls for. We took out the 10V zener that's on the master display driver board, since that would have pushed the voltage down to 73V. We installed new 12000ufd filter caps on the power supply and sound board, along with several other caps. We replaced the Scanbe sockets on the MPU and sound board. Socketed the PIAs on the drive board because one of them was defective and needed to be replaced. We burned a single game ROM to replace the three existing PROMs and save on sockets. Several wires had been chewed apart in the backbox. We soldered them back together. All and all, it's satisfying to see the game is alive and well, with the exception of the sound,which we'll tackle in the next couple of days. We figure bad op amp, ROM connection issue, broken 6802 processor, or power problem.