Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Jul 4, 2011
Even though school's over, I decided to fiddle some more with our yearproject, to improve it where I can.
The updates since the initial video:
The Midi interpretation blocks are now all triggered on the clock pulse rather than a combinatorial signal, which solves a lot of synchronisation issues.
The waveform selection is now done by choosing a different MIDI channel. This allows for sequencing multiple sounds easily in a DAW (like FL studio which I've used here)
The synth is still monophonic, but I've been working on a polyphonic version. I'm having a bit of trouble mixing the outputs of the simultaneously playing waveforms, but I'll figure something out. I'm also going to try out working with a PWM-based DAC, which means I only need one pin for one output.