An in depth look at the controversial claims made by young earth creationist Ken Ham. Watch as Mr. Ham struggles to ascertain the meaning of "biblical kinds" and constructs a straw man riddled version of evolutionary biology and population genetics.
1) AiG. 2007 About AiG: President Ken Ham. http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/....
2) Freeman, S and J Herron. 2004. Evolutionary Analysis, 3rd ed. Pearson Prentice Hall.
3) Matsumura, M. 1997. Miracles in, creationism out: "The geophysics of God". Reports of the National Center for Science Education. 17(3):29-32.
4) Wayne, R, E Geffem, D Girman, K Koepfli, L Lau, and C Marshall. 1997. Molecular Systematics of the Canidae. Systematic Biology. 46(4):622-653.
Pearson, H. 2006. Genetics: waht is a gene? Nature. 441:398-401.
Relter, L, L Potocki, S Chien, M Gribskov, and E Bler. 2001. A systematic Analysis of Human Disease-Associated Gene Sequences in Drosophila melanogaster. Genome Research. 11(6):1114-1125.
7) Mouse Genome Sequencing Consortorium. 2002. Initial sequencing and comparative analysis of the mouse genome. Nature 420:520-562.
8) Wildman, D, M Uddin, G Liu, L Grossman, and M Goodman. 2003. Implications of natural selection in shaping 99.4% nonsynonymous DNA identity between humans and chimpanzees: enlarging genus Homo. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA 100(12):7181-7188.
9) Klug, W and M Cummings. 2005. Essentials of Genetics, 5th ed. Pearson Prentice Hall.
10) Harpending H, M Batzer, M Gurven, L Jorde, A Rogers, and S Sherry. 1998. Genetic traces of ancient demography. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA. 95(4):1961-1967.
11) International HapMap consortium. 2005. A haplotype map of the human genome. Nature 437:1299-1320.
12) Watson, J. T Baker, S Bell, A Gann, M Levine, and R Losick. 2006. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th ed. Peasron Prentice Hall.
13) Campbell, N and J Reece. 2002 Biology, 6th ed. Benjamin Cummings.
14) Halliburton, R. 2004. Introduction to Population Genetics. Benjamin Cummings.
15) Alstead, D. 2003. Basic Populus Models of Ecology. Pearson Prentice Hall.
16) Wayne, R. 1993. Molecualr Evolution of the Dog Family. Trends in Genetics. 9:214-218.
17) Lee, DJ, J Granja, J Martinez, K Severin, and M Ghadiri. 1996. A self-replicating peptide. Nature. 382:525-528.
18) Maderson, P and L Alibardi. 2000. The development of the Sauropsid integument: A contribution to the problem of the origin and evolution of feathers. American Zoologist. 40(4):512-529.
19) Prijambada, I, S Negoro, T Yomo, and I Urabe. 1995. Emergence of nylon oligomer degredation enzymes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO through experimental evolution. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 61(5):2020-2022.
20) Daborn, P, J Yen, M Bogwitz, G Le Goff, E Feil, S Jeffers, N Tijel, T Perry, D Heckel, P Batterham, R Feyereisen, T Wilson, and R ffrench-Constant. 2002. A single P450 allele associated with insecticide resistance in Drosophila. Science. 297:2253-2256.
21) Prescott, L J Harley, adn D Klein. 2005. Microbiology, 6th ed. McGraw-Hill.
22) Walsh, C. 2000. Molecular mechanisms that confer antibacterial drug resistance. Nature. 406:775-781.
23) Johnson, WE, E Eizirik, J Pecon-Slattery, W Murphy, A Antunes, E Teeling, and S O'Brien. 2006. The late Miocene radiation of modern Felidae: A genetic assessment. Science. 311:73-77.