Searching for the Spark 1969 -1991 is a limited edition 22 CD deluxe box set containing all the work guitar great and electronic music innovator Steve Hillage recorded from his studio debut (1969's Arzachel) to the first System 7 album in 1991.
The set includes:
* Khan's Space Shanty, 1972.
* All eight of Hillage's classic Virgin Records solo albums - Fish Rising, L, Motivation Radio, Green, Open (and Studio Herald), Rainbow Dome Music, Open, For To Next (and its companion And Not Or) - plus bonus tracks.
* System 7 (first album).
* Live in Deeply Vale, 1978.
* Two BBC performances from The Paris Theatre recorded in December 1976 and November 1979.
* Eight CDs featuring recordings taken from Steve's personal archive, including four superb concert performances (Brighton Dome November 1977, Munich April 1979, Hammersmith Odeon November 1979, The Steve Hillage Band Live At The Gong Family Unconvention 2006) and four discs (Sparks Volumes 1-4) packed with previously unheard and unreleased tracks, demos and alternate takes.
Accompanying the recordings is a magnificent 188 page 32,000 word coffee table book. Written and assembled by Steve Hillage and Gong family expert Jonny Greene, the book contains hundreds of rare and previously unseen photographs and cuttings.
In addition there are three reproduction promo posters, two lyric booklets, a high quality enamel badge, a 60 page scrap book containing more photographs and cuttings, and a certificate of authenticity signed by Steve Hillage and his creative partner Miquette Giraudy.
The Golden Ticket
One lucky owner of the box set will find that Steve and Miquette included an extra message on their signed certificate. This will be that owner’s ‘golden ticket’ that entitles them to an exclusive gift from Steve: a stained glass window featuring the Sparks icon designed by hand by Richard Pelham of Glastonbury Stained Glass. The icon, otherwise known as ‘Vesica Pisces’, is formed of curves and strips of carefully cut and hand-soldered iridescent glass with a width of approximately 1cm.
Please note that this superb Steve Hillage package is strictly limited to 2500 copies globally.