Here are *a few alternative things* to (re)consider while troubleshooting your launcher problem(s) that I've come across since publishing this guide:
- Double check your system's drivers
- Double check your Windows updates in case you're using some 'lighter' version
- If you've eliminated the IPv6 possibility, then it's either a firewall or blocked ports on your ISP's side. So phone them up and ask them about these ports: TCP 7801 to 7810, TCP 80, TCP 443, TCP 4566
- Disable GPU bridging - for those of you who might have 2 graphics cards
- Use the so called 'Google DNS' - it might help with IPv6 connection problems
-- 220.127.116.11 as primary and 18.104.22.168 as secondary, or
-- 22.214.171.124 as primary and 126.96.36.199 as secondary
- bear in mind 'an error has occurred' can relate to having your account temporarily blocked for various reasons, including the use of a VPN, ping optimiser, IP changes (logging in from another country), payment method
- See what resolution the game is set to run with. You might need to adjust it before starting the game client - either in your GPU's control panel and/or game settings .ini file (in Tera/Client/Config/S1Option.ini change SCREENMODE=0 to either 1 or 2). This helps with white screen + crash issues
- Last but not least, 'using the /set IncreaseUserVa 3072 allows you to use max RAM,' as suggested by a fellow player (it's unlikely to help the majority of players though, as no-one uses 32-bit OS anymore)
- 20th Aug 2018 edit: If getting a Termination Code 5 (about DirectX) error, check if enabling the 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' setting helps
- 20th Aug 2018 edit: Current Version Unknown - in addition, see if deleting the content of this folder - \AppData\Local\Solid State Networks\ - then restarting the game launcher has any result. Try restarting your PC too after deleting that folder. Alternatively, try getting the 3 'orphan' files in \Tera\Client\ from another player, or manually change the value in version.ini to "72.03.02-live-hf1-ls15"
Launcher issues and links from the video (table of content):
0:46 Source file corrupt – there's a corrupted or missing file (Note to Steam users: Use the Steam launcher's file integrity verification function as the repair function of the TERA launcher is unavailable to you.)
- My full TERA copy (5th Feb 2017) – https://goo.gl/VWt5Kc
1:48 An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Get signed root certificates – https://www.symantec.com/content/en/u...
- Check IPv6 connectivity – http://test-ipv6.com/
4:09 News not loading
4:15 WebGet request failed
4:23 Launcher won't start (relates to Launcher is already running)
4:39 Can't log into any game server
5:03 Launcher size/resize
- Get AutoSizer – http://www.southbaypc.com/autosizer/
5:40 User authentication failed
- Online account management – https://account.tera.gameforge.com/
- TERA Support – http://support.tera-europe.com/
- TERA Support for Steam players – https://tera.support.gameforge.com/in...
6:16 Current version unknown & Unable to determine current version
- How to Install TERA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrN7... (get launcher files and 'Repair' your installation)
6:37 Launcher deletes files too early (relates to Reliable source serving corrupt data)
7:10 Unable to download metafile/manifest, Unable to unzip manifest, Failed to update host
Steam FAQ and related issues:
7:31 Before you start – Play via Steam vs Link Existing Account
- It doesn't matter anymore what option you choose as a new player - you can later link your new account to the TERA website - http://steamcommunity.com/app/212740/...
8:05 How to avoid re-downloading the whole game (for existing players)
8:59 Steam not found
9:28 Can't unlink my new account
9:35 Can't enter a code/CD key
9:44 Can't log with another account
10:01 Thank you for watching guys!
Hope you found the video informational and it helped you or a mate of yours. Please leave a 'Like' and do 'Subscribe' for more videos. For comments and questions - use the space below.
Have a great day,
(Sunflare, Sunflares, Sunflair, Sunflarin, Sunflarine,
Guild Master of [never dodge] on Mystel, TERA EU)
Kontinuum - First Rain (NCS Release)
Malik Bash – Apollo (original mix) (NCS Release)
Alan Walker - Force (NCS Release)
Key words in FR/DE:
Une erreur s'est produite. Veuillez réessayer plus tard.
Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. Bitte versuch es später noch einmal.
Fichier Source Corrompu
Source fiable fournit des fichiers endommagés
Zuverlässige Quelle kann nicht kontaktiert werden
To support my channel with a donation, please click here: