Whitney and her guest Kristin of Will Travel for Vegan Food answer questions about the vegan lifestyle, traveling and Kristin's new book.
↓ OPEN FOR LINKS and TIMESTAMPS ↓
► Free eBook + Newsletter signup: http://bit.ly/evgnewslettersignup
►"Healthy, Organic Vegan on a Budget" ebook: http://ecovegangal.com/healthyorganic...
► Book Club: http://ecovegangal.com/learn/ecovegan...
► Pick My Brain business sessions: http://ecovegangal.com/pickmybrain/
► "Food is My Health Care" Shirts: http://store.ecovegangal.com
► Ask questions here: http://bit.ly/evgweeklyqa
► EvG voice memo system: https://www.speakpipe.com/EcoVeganGal
► Previous Q&As: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYX9P...
* Will Travel for Vegan Food: http://wtfveganfood.com
* REI: http://www.rei.com
* Most Romantic Vegan Restaurants: http://wtfveganfood.com/romantic-vega...
* Vedge: http://www.vedgerestaurant.com
* Plum Bistro: http://plumbistro.com
* Millenium: http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com
* Crossroads: http://www.crossroadskitchen.com
* Las Vegas Restaurant: Panevino: http://www.panevinolasvegas.com/
* Vegan Business Formula: http://veganbusinessformula.com
* Toronto VegFest: http://vegfoodfest.com
* The Chicago Diner: http://www.veggiediner.com
* The Plant: http://www.theplantcafe.com
* New Orleans VegFest: http://nolaveggiefest.com
* Chaco Canyon: http://chacocanyoncafe.com
* Bellagio Hotel: http://www.bellagio.com
* Ronald’s Donuts: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ronald...
* Wynn Hotel: http://www.wynnlasvegas.com
* Buy Will Travel for Vegan Food: http://amzn.to/1EuCLmP
* Vega Bars: http://amzn.to/1IhnRSs
* Brush w/ Bamboo Clean Planetware: http://amzn.to/1GzXZ27
* Go Girl: http://amzn.to/1zhNgtB
* Aladdin: http://amzn.to/1zhNoJB
2:38 Introduction to Kristin
8:17 I've been vegan for almost a year! It's been wonderful!!
I'm going on a camping trip and I am the ONLY VEGAN in our group. What do I bring???? Can you please touch on this in a YouTube video?? I'll bring my own mini grill, sweet and sara marshmallows and vegan graham crackers for smores. Now I need meal ideas. OH and what should I bring eco friendly wise??? Maybe silverware and cloth napkins? Ugh please help. I've never been a Vegan camper.
40:33 how can I find out about vegan festivals?
25:18 I will be traveling next month for my job, about an hour away from Atlanta for two weeks and I'm afraid of not finding anything to eat, or my only options being unhealthy food yikes! what are your tips on healthy eating while traveling and being stuck in a hotel?
14:04 Do you have any advice for vegans planning on going on road trips? It's pretty difficult to find food while stuck in a car with a bunch of non-veggies.
30:17 I have been vegan since 1986. I enjoy dining out at upscale restaurants. Some of my best vegan meals have been at Canlis, The Georgian Room and similar fine-dining establishments. Many vegans eschew these venues because they feature carnivorous dishes. I think it is good for the vegan cause to expose these places to vegan requests.
I do not enjoy the typical vegan restaurant, which has poor ambience, albeit wonderful vegan food. I wish there were upscale vegan restaurants. About the best we have in Seattle is Café Flora. Sadly, this establishment still serves egg and dairy.
Why do you think vegans seem content with ugly little vegan restaurants? Why do you think most vegans eschew upscale restaurants?
- Live Q&A -
46:36 What non-metropolitan city was most memorable and what state would you move to that’s not on the vegan radar?
52:25 This seems like it would actually be a lot of fun, but were there times when you just hated the experience? Sometimes people out there can make life hard, did you encounter experiences like this or was it like a bonding experience at every stop you made? ( I haven't read the book yet)
57:40 I wonder if we decide to get rid of a meal which contains meat, is it good for our health for a long period of time?
1:02:49 How has eating at all of these amazing vegan restaurants affected how you cook for yourself on a daily basis? Do you have any great food combinations or go-to meals?
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+EcoVeganGal/
Whitney's other channels: