Hi Bold Bakers! A Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheesecake is one of my favorite Peanut Butter & Chocolate desserts, especially when I make it BIG & BOLD with an Oreo cookie crust and top it off with peanuts bathed in my signature salted caramel sauce.
What's your favorite Peanut Butter & Chocolate dessert? Let me know in the comments below and enjoy!
CRUST 30 chocolate cookies (I used Oreos) with the center scraped out 6 tablespoons butter, melted
CHEESECAKE 32 oz (2 lbs) cream cheese 5 eggs, whisked 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar 1 cup smooth peanut butter 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
TOPPING 1 cup cream 1 cup (8oz) good quality chocolate, chopped ½ cup Toasted peanuts tossed in salted caramel sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Put the chocolate cookies in a food processor and process until they form fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and process to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Refrigerate while you prepare the cheese cake filling
4. On a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth and light (4-5 minutes)
5. Run a spatula around the bottom of the bowl to pull up any lumps.
6. When smooth, add in the peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until combined
7. Slowly add in the whisked eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl when needed. Beat until the mix is smooth.
8. Pour into your cheesecake tin.
9. Bake the cheesecake until it is just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the temperature to come down gently for about an hour. Remove from the oven, cool completely, then refrigerate until completely cool.
10. To make the chocolate ganache, heat the cream just before simmering.
11. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple minutes, then stir until smooth. Pour over the top of the cheesecake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
12. Mix the toasted peanuts in my signature caramel sauce for extra flavor and texture.