UPDATE: Now also for Quake 1 & 2!
All info here: http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/vi...
This is my modification of Olli Hinkka's port of Quake 3 Arena to Symbian OS. It adds support for the phone's in-built accelerometer, which is used as a mouse.
This can run on a Nokia N95 8GB, N95-3, N82 and E90 (the last one doesn't have an accelerometer though.
If you have a bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard, you can use those to control the game too.
This mod should later be integrated into Olli Hinkka's release.
This is easier than it looks. I just didn't have time to practice :)
This is how it is when played comfortably: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUFF3c...
More information about Olli Hinkka's port here:
This modification also features:
1. Improved menu readability through bigger fonts where necessary
2. Fixed console texts
3. A command for setting the zero-point to the current tilt level:
(This can be binded to a key!)
4. Cvars for tweaking:
* accelerometer (default value = 1) --- Turn accelerometer control on/off. 1 = enabled, any other value = disabled.
* sens_y (default value = 0.55) --- Y axis sensitivity, compared to X. Float value.
* deadzone (default = 2) --- The accelerometer doesn't move the mouse until you tilt it by more than the deadzone value from the zero-point (to prevent shaking etc.). Integer value.
* zeropoint_x (default = 4) --- The zero-point, which is the value of the accelerometer's X axis when the mouse should be still. It needs to be 4 on my phone to prevent the mouse from veering to the left (or was it right, I don't remember). Integer value.
* zeropoint_y (default = 40) --- The zero-point for the Y axis. Integer value.
Download link and info on how to install in this thread:
Olli Hinkka (author of the port)
kaeptnql (beta testing)
Symbian-Feak.com (awesome site & forum)
Quake 3 Arena (c) ID Software