Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 16, 2012
This public forum, entitled "The Outer Limits of Solitary Confinement," held at UC Hastings College of the Law, in San Francisco on April 6, 2012 was organized by the International Coalition to Free the Angola 3, and co-hosted by the Hastings chapter of the National Lawyers Guild and the Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal.
The event marked 40 years of solitary confinement for Herman Wallace and Albert Woodfox of the Angola 3, by exploring the expansion and overuse of solitary confinement, mobilizing support for the Amnesty International Petition to remove them from solitary confinement (being delivered to LA Governor Bobby Jindal on Tuesday, April 17) and support for the California Hunger Strikers.
Featuring the following speakers:
· Robert King, of the Angola 3, released in 2001 after 29 years of solitary confinement.
· Hans Bennett, Independent journalist and co-founder of Journalists for Mumia
· Terry Kupers, Institute Professor at The Wright Institute in Berkeley, California
· Manuel La Fontaine, Northern California Regional Organizer for All of Us or None
· Aaron Mirmalek, Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee Oakland
· Kiilu Nyasha, Independent journalist and former member of the Black Panther Party
· Tahtanerriah Sessoms-Howell, Youth Organizer for All of Us Or None
· Luis "Bato" Talamantez, California Prison Focus and one of the San Quentin 6
· Azadeh Zohrabi, Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal
· Stuart Hanlon, lawyer for Geronimo Pratt.
· David Newton, Editor in Chief of the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly
· Kelly Turner, author and former three-strike prisoner.
· Anita Wills, member of Occupy 4 Prisoners and mother of Kerry Baxter Sr., a three-strike prisoner.