"I ... killed ... Sirius BLACK! Aaaahahaha! You comin' to get me?!"
This fun and dark tutorial will give you ideas on how to create a more colorful, youthful makeup look inspired by the one and only, Bellatrix Lestrange. I am aware that in the movie this is not the makeup she wears. This is an inspired look and maybe something she'd wear when she was a bit younger, still at Hogwarts ...
I absolutely love the pairing of emerald, envious greens and the venomous rogue mauve tones. It's villainous, but elegant and beautiful. A toned down version of this look could also be a night-out look or a casual day look if you're one for color.
Above all things, have fun with this ... you know I did :)
=== COSTUME ===
* I did not buy a "Bellatrix Lestrange" costume. You'll be surprised how many stylish black clothing attire there is out there to create her outfit. Go for texture, strings, corsets and lace. I used a long sleeve black lace shirt, a black corset and a fitted black halter top in my outfit. I recommend using a poofy or long black dress under and patterned black tights. My tights had spider webs designs on them! For shoes, I recommend heeled boots, long or short.
* The wand is from the one and only Harry Potter World!
* The Dark Mark tattoo was hand-drawn by me ... all you need to do is search "dark mark design or tattoo" on the Internet then print out a reference picture. I used a black sharpie and a painter marker to draw mine. Practice on paper first if you're a bit shy ...
* The white mask and black cloak are simply items from a Halloween store that I bought years ago. I was trying to look like a death eater ... heh.
* 100% of the footage in this video was filmed by me :D
* THE HAIR - there are many ways to add volume and curl to your hair. How I did it was I loosely curled bits of my hair with a regular hair curling iron then spent the rest of my time teasing it like crazy with stiffening, volumizing hairspray. I used bobby pins to pin up sections AFTER teasing and adding hairspray. I highly recommend curling, teasing and spraying it with hairspray before adding any bobby pins. This makes styling it 10x easier, trust me.
Watch my Bellatrix hair tutorial:
=== WHO IS THAT GIRL? ===
The girl you see who is not me in the intro and title cards is my friend! I did a "Bellatrix Lestrange" themed photoshoot and asked her to be my model because I know she loves Bellatrix. Doesn't she fit the character just perfectly?! I'll be posting a Behind The Scenes video of my photoshoot with her this November 2010 .. when the next Harry Potter movie comes out, aah!
=== WHAT I USED ===
== FACE & BASE
-OLAY Moisturizing Lotion
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 300 Golden Beige
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
-CG Professional Translucent 115 Powder
- NYX Eyeshadow Base
== DARK EYES & BROWS
- Coastal Scents 88 Palette
- 105 Black False Lashes
- Sephora Color Duo eyeshadow (light green and copper circular pack)
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in black & the liquid kind too
- Sephora mascara
- Revlon Lash Adhesive
== HEAVY CONTOURING
- Coastal Scents 6 Contour & Blush Palette
== FOR VENEMOUS LIPS
- Sephora Rouge R23 Lipstick
- MAC Burdundy Lip Liner
- 477 Black Cherry Lipstick from Revlon
- Cosmetic Wedge
- pink mascara spool from NYX for brushing brows
- Kabuki Brush
- Everyday Eyeshadow Brush
- Sephora Professional Airbrush
- Coastal Scents Pointed Crease brush
- Angled Eyeliner brush
- Lash Curler
- Lip Precision brush
- Sephora Professional rounded crease brush (used to contour nose)
- DermaColor Fixing Spray
- Herbal Essences Body Envy Hairspray (volumizing)
Thank You Alona ~ (YouTube User FlowerPower70) for giving me the idea to make a makeup tutorial. I was talking about my Bellatrix photoshoot and she suggested creating a makeup tutorial for it too and I loved the idea ... and well, here it is! :)
I hope all Harry Potter fans alike and unalike enjoy this tutorial ... I hope I did ya proud! (I don't really talk like that or act like this all the time ... it was for the character of Bellatrix, of course!)
Thank you for your ongoing support, my goal is to always entertain and inspire you and maybe sometimes even, teach a makeup tip here and there.
== MY LINKS
Feel free to visit me! :)
MY ART BLOG
Much Love ~