Loading...

Dirk Wetter: "Intricacies testing SSL: sockets, schools, threa{t,d}s and sometimes no shake-hands"

172 views

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 5, 2016

Dirk will describe how easy it is with a long forgotten shell script
language to test the server side for the quality of TLS/SSL encryption
-- as opposed to the zoo of other modern languages out there. But
independent on the language of your choice -- with that you can get 80%. The remaining 20% consume more time for several reasons: broken servers with broken handshakes which require more or less good workarounds, provision of guinea pigs, thorough testing.

== About the Speaker ==
Dirk is an independent security consultant who has more than 18 years experience in information security -- and as he is an old man even more in the world of Unix/Linux. If his time allows he's giving talks at conferences or publishing articles for computer magazines.

By coincidence he's also main developer and initiator of the project
testssl.sh. He is engaged in OWASP Germany / Europe and appreciates openness in information security and technology.

Loading...

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...