Played by: Ironclaw
Game release year: 1992
Worst CD game of all time? Hmm, don't know.
00:28 - tutorial
02:20 - intro
04:53 - game
25:16 - the pebble people
25:26 - alternative way of ending the game (leaving town whenever you want)
26:05 - what happens when you shoot close but miss the first enemy
26:31 - death 1
26:46 - death 2
27:00 - death 3
27:12 - game over
27:27 - the making of 'The Town With No Name' (so they call it, but I don't really see it as a "making of" thingy
This is an updated version of this longplay. The old one didn't have all the bad guys in it cuz at the time I didn't know how to 'unlock' them.
I went through the game again and added the important parts, leaving one or two death scenes (got 3 included though), also left out some dialogue, like one more with the bartender and probably one or more with 'the man with the cigarette' and the priest.
For those wondering what the "Special, Mystery Option!" is, it's just some advertisment of their other games, like Psycho Killer etc.
Here's the characters and stuff I recognize in this game:
* The main character (the stranger/drifter) = an attempt at John Wayne? (at least the voice)
* The man with the cigarette = Clint Eastwood
* The scene when Nasty Ned is riding into town = from Blazing Saddles (if I recall correctly)
* The "Meanwhile" text = Back to the Future
* The "BACK IN Town" text = I can't quite put my finger on it, but was it from Beverly Hills Cop? (I know it's from a movie/series)
* The tiny guy with the big hat = Deputy Fuzz from BraveStarr.
* The dude with the pocket watch = Hmm, was it one of the dudes in Tombstone? or another one from Blazing Saddles? Cuz I do remember this scene from somewhere, this is yet another part they animated on top of a movie.
* When leaving with the train, the part in space = could be from Back to the Future 3.
This game was a pain to emulate. I first played it in the latest version of WinUAE (2.3.1) and sat for like 3 hours trying to get the voices (they are cd tracks) to play properly, but no matter what I did the voices always started like 4 secs after the characters began to talk resulting in missing most of the speech. So I went back to my fav version (2.1.0) and immediately on my first try (running default quick config for CDTV) I got the sound to play tons better, no more 4 sec delay before they start to talk. Everything was still not perfect as alot speech cuts off too early at the end and nothing I did could make it play better. So I settled with what I had. Now I had another problem, seems like WinUAE can't capture the audio from the CD tracks when recording (the speech is on CD tracks). So, I had no choice but to use Fraps, which sucks. What's good about recording in WinUAE is that no matter how slow your computer is, no matter how busy your harddrive is, not even if while playing and recording at the same time and the game gets sound and video hickups, the resulting video will always have perfect sound and no frames lost (unless the game itself is damaged). But with Fraps I don't have this luxury, so you will notice lots of sound hiccups and clicks (btw, the sound errors in 'The Pebble People' is IN the game).