Metallica's The Call of Ktulu.
UPDATE (9/1/2011): No-Bass backing track (by special request):
UPDATE (3/12/2011): Backing tracks are available!
http://bittwiddlers.org/ftp/jim/backi... (rhy section)
http://bittwiddlers.org/ftp/jim/backi... (bass and drums)
http://bittwiddlers.org/ftp/jim/backi... (bass only)
http://bittwiddlers.org/ftp/jim/backi... (click only)
First two links are actual backing tracks. Last one is the click track which is only audible in the intro and outro. The first link has some guitar parts in it for backup; ideal for jamming along solo. The second link has no guitar parts in it; ideal for recording with. If you have even the simplest of DAWs, you can mix in the click track with either backing track.
UPDATE: New mix as MP3 with real recorded bass here: http://bittwiddlers.org/ftp/jim/recor...
* International Seirenkai Organization 2010 seminar red T-shirt
* Dunlop Jazz III black pick
* Ibanez JS-1000 BP Joe Satriani signature guitar
* Dunlop Crybaby 535Q wah-wah pedal
* MESA/Boogie Triaxis v1.0 pre-amp
* Voxengo Pristine Space convolution plug-in for cabinet impulse response simulation (using GuitarHack's impulse files)
* Hughes & Kettner Tube 50 amp (for monitoring only)
* Roland EDIROL UA-1000 USB 2.0 audio interface
* Cakewalk Sonar Producer 8.0.3
* Sony Vegas Pro 9
TriAxis settings for the different tones:
Lead: LD2 GREEN G: 8, T: 3.5, M: 9, B: 1, D: 9, M: 10, P: 1, DV: 0
Rhythm: LD2 YELLOW G: 8, T: 7.5, M: 4, B: 3, D: 9, M: 10, P: 0, DV: 0
Clean: RHY1 YELLOW G: 5, T: 7, M: 3.5, B: 2, M: 4, P: 1, DV: 0
Unfortunately, Vegas introduced some noticeable garbage in a few of the video clips in the final render. I can't seem to be able to get rid of them since they're not present in the raw media.
The bends at 7:05 are short.
The final two chords of the 3-part harmony section are not correct.