MY FIRST SINGLE "GOOD FOR YOU" IS NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES AND OTHER DIGITAL RETAILERS! CHECK IT OUT!!! http://tinyurl.com/CourtClark
Facebook: Like "Court Clark Fan Page"
"Let It Go (Live)" http://youtu.be/9JD-YYO09ZI
Me performing "Let It Go" from Disney's FROZEN. The video was a different take than the vocal take used, hence some of the obvious sync issues. All lyric changes are intentional. Absolutely no copyright infringement intended!!!
I would like to take a minute to thank everyone for the extremely positive responses to my cover of "Let It Go" from 'Frozen'. None of my previous ~160 videos has ever taken off like this one has. At this time, I would like to answer a couple frequently asked questions/criticisms about it:
1) No, I did not use autotune. Yes, that is really my voice and yes, I really sound like that. The only vocal enhancement made to the audio is added reverb to my voice. To hear what I sound like with autotune, check out this song: http://youtu.be/2jpfpWAPy5s - you will notice an obvious difference.
2) Many people are complaining that the video is lip synched. There are moments in the video where I obviously messed up the lyrics. This is because I videotaped only one of my vocal takes. What you hear on the final recording is the best parts of three separate audio takes, so I obviously used the vocal takes that were actually good. Bearing that in mind, that is why the video appears out of sync in parts, especially at the obvious mistake seen at the 2:40 mark. However, the video itself isn't really what I wanted to share when I posted the song, it merely represents a visual aspect of the audio recording which is what I wanted to post in the first place.
3) The official instrumental is available on the deluxe edition of the soundtrack album, available on Amazon and iTunes.
4) I recorded it a whole step higher than the album version. Idina Menzel's version is is A flat, mine is in B flat. There are many free software programs you can find online through a quick google search that you can find to help you change the key if you need to. Audacity is an excellent program for this (Google it - it's free).
5) I used Garageband to record and edit this track, and iMovie 10 to create the video. Both programs are come free with you Apple computer.
6) Sorry, due to copyright restrictions I am unable to provide a download link for this recording at this time.
I hope that clears some things up.
I'd like to thank each of you who took the time to leave a nice comment and words of encouragement on my YouTube channel. Your support continues to mean very much to me and I sincerely, wholeheartedly appreciate each and every one of you who commented, shared, watched, subscribed, and found their way to this fan page and clicked the "like" button. As of the writing of this post, "Let It Go" has received 86,537 views and that number is increasing every hour. This makes "Let It Go" the most successful video on my channel and I couldn't have done it without you!
My first single "GOOD FOR YOU" is available NOW on iTunes and other digital retailers!
Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/CourtClark