Out of the 2160 women that enrolled onto the Zwift Academy programme across the world, they were whittled down to only three. Follow the progress of Siri, Tanja, and Bri as they battle it out for a pro contract with Canyon//SRAM.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Register your interest in the GCN Club: http://gcn.eu/uM
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/uL
- 2016 saw the first ever Canyon-SRAM Zwift Academy where women from all over the world competed on Zwift for the chance to win a pro contract with the squad for 2017. Now the winner on that occasion was Leah Thorvilson from the USA who impressed so much she's back in the fold for 2018. And 2018 is why I'm here as very soon another talented rider is going to be awarded a pro contract for the forthcoming season. It's why I'm at the Canyon SRAM training camp here in rather snowy Koblenz in Germany to find out exactly who that is going to be. 2,160 women from all over the world enrolled on this year's Zwift Academy, which involved a structured programme of group rides, races, workouts, over a six-week period. That number has now been whittled down to just three finalists: Siri Hildonen from Norway,
- It will be life-changing but it will be racing and I love to race, so that will be fun and actually be a part of a team. Tanja Erath of Germany,
- Yeah, I mean, it would obviously change my whole life, I guess, I would have to move and I would spend my time with cycling and racing, but it would just be a dream come true.
- And American Bri Torkelson.
- For me, I've simplified my life, and, like, that's why I work at a bike shop; I want more time on the bike and that's all I, like, want to do. Like, that's what I love, and this would be an opportunity to be surrounded by the best people to make me the best cyclist I could be.
- Now before we see what is exactly going to await our finalists, let's have a quick chat with last year's winner, Leah Thorvilson. Leah, it must've been an absolutely incredible experience to spend a year with Canyon-SRAM of course now you got a second year as well.
- Yeah, I can't believe it! It's still, you know, it was surreal at the time that I won, I was literally speechless, which you don't find me often, but the coolest thing I've ever done in my life and I just, I am so blessed to have had this experience and really looking forward to a second year hopefully to see, hopefully the year that's behind me will translate into a bit more successful year this year on the bike.
If you'd like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here's the link 👍 http://gcn.eu/uK
Watch more on GCN...
Top 10 Zwift Hacks 📹 http://gcn.eu/ZwiftHacks
What's inside Tiffany Cromwell's suitcase? 📹http://gcn.eu/28XsXGW
Photos: © Bettiniphoto / http://www.bettiniphoto.net/ & ©Tim De Waele / http://www.tdwsport.com
Kermode - Christian Nanzell
Above and Beyond 3 - Jack Elphick
Without a Doubt 1 - Anders Bothen
Riot in the Capitol - Johannes Bornlof
Getting Tipsy 2 - Martin Landh
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D’Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube’s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia: http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi’zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
The GCN Club - http://gcn.eu/club
YouTube Channel - http://gcn.eu/gcnYT
Facebook - http://gcn.eu/gcnFb
Instagram - http://gcn.eu/GCNInsta
Google+ - http://gcn.eu/gcnGPlus
Twitter - http://gcn.eu/gcnTW
Leave us a comment below!