Join us as we visit Cape Town, South Africa in this travel guide on a mission to find the best things to do in Cape Town city.
The Mother City is a melting pot of cultures, cuisines, landscapes to tickle your every fancy. From imposing Table Mountain to colorful Bo-Kaap to pristine Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens you'll find Cape Town appeals to the culture vulture, foodie and outdoor enthusiast in ways few other cities can.
Cape Town is one of our favorite cities in the world and we're thrilled to show you why in this travel guide covering 30 things to do in Kaapstad / iKapa.
30 Things to do in Cape Town City Tour | South Africa Travel Guide
Intro - 00:01
1) Table Mountain Aerial Cableway - cable car ride to Table Mountain - 00:38
2) Table Mountain National Park for views of Cape Town - 01:01
3) Rooftop Views of Table Mountain - 01:28
4) Scootour of Signal Hill - 03:01
5) Honest Chocolate for Coffee and Chocolate - 03:30
6) Gin Tasting at Hope on Hopkins Distillery - 03:48
7) Victoria & Alfred Waterfront for eating and shopping - 04:38
8) V&A Waterfront Harbour Cruise - 05:05
9) Silo Hotel + Museum for lunch at The Granary Café - 05:15
10) Bo-Kaap for Cape Malay culture and food - 05:38
11) Cape Malay Food at Biesmiellah Restaurant - 05:56
12) City Sightseeing Cape Town Bus Tour - 08:33
13) Camps Bay for beaches, food and entertainment - 09:08
14) Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens - 09:32
15) Beau Constantia Wine Tasting - 10:11
16) Castle of Good Hope bastion fort - 11:28
17) District Six Museum - 12:27
18) Slave Lodge Museum - 12:57
19) South African National Gallery - 13:10
20) The Company's Garden park & heritage site - 13:22
21) Breakfast Brunch at The Company's Garden Restaurant - 13:50
22) Sidecar Tour of the Cape Peninsula - 15:03
23) Cape Point - Cape of Good Hope - 15:56
24) Penguins at Boulders Beach - 16:10
25) Greenmarket Square shopping in Cape Town - 16:28
26) Gatsby Sandwich at Miriam's Kitchen - 17:11
27) Bunny Chow Curry at the Eastern Food Bazaar - 20:28
28) International Cuisine in Cape Town (Peruvian Food at Charango) - 23:04
29) Street Art Tour of Cape Town with Juma's - 23:15
30) Nightlife on Kloof Street and Long Street - 23:30
Outro - 24:40
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Cape Town travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best attractions within the city limits and Western Cape), top adventure recreation and the city by day and night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities you won't find in a typical Cape Town tourism brochure, Cape Town itinerary or Cape Town, South Africa city tour.
30 Things to do in Cape Town, South Africa Travel Guide Video Transcript:
Today we’re taking you around one of our favourite cities: Cape Town, South Africa.
We first visited Cape Town in 2015 as the final stop on a monthlong trip across South Africa. However, by the time we arrived, we only had a couple of days to spare and the weather was less than ideal, so we didn’t get to see very much.
We knew we had to return to do the city justice and also film a proper Cape Town travel guide for you guys. This time around, we gave ourselves a full week to spare.
Our days were packed with sightseeing, and with visits to restaurants, chocolate shops, wineries and gin distilleries, so without further delay, let us show you 30 things do in Cape Town, South Africa.
And that’s a wrap for our week in Cape Town, South Africa. We hope you enjoyed following along and that this guide gave you a few ideas of things to see, do and eat in Cape Town. As always, if you have any other suggestions for fellow travellers, feel free to share those in the comments below. In the meantime, wishing you happy travels and see you next time!
This is part of our Travel in South Africa video series showcasing South African food, South African culture and South African cuisine.
Music by Mike Chino
Songs: Beyond and Dream Chaser