On 17 April 2018, BBI JU organised its fifth Info Day in Brussels, following the official launch of the 2018 Call for proposals. Over 600 participants registered for the event in the European Commission’s Charlemagne building and more than 250 participants watched via the live streaming.
The morning sessions provided information about the BBI JU initiative and all aspects of the Call process. Details of the 2018 Call topics as well as more information on the event are available on the BBI JU website.
In addition to plenty of informal networking during the breaks, the afternoon provided an opportunity for participants to hold face-to-face meetings using the professional/corporate profile in the BBI JU Partnering Platform. During the afternoon more than 700 face-to-face meetings took place.
Throughout the day, the BBI JU's Programme Office staff was also available to answer questions about the Call process and procedure. The participants had also the opportunity to speak to representatives from BBI JU's founding partners and Member States as well as exchange views with entities in synergy with BBI JU:
• European Commission (DG RTD, DG AGRI, RES and RESAVER)
• Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC)
• BioHorizon National Contact Points (NCPs)
• Executive Agency for SMEs (EASME)
• Enterprise Europe Network (EEN)
• BBI JU Partnering Platform
.pdf files available in: https://www.bbi-europe.eu/events/bbi-...
SESSION 1 – Keynote Speeches
• BBI JU: achievements and challenges ahead - Philippe Mengal, Executive Director, BBI JU
• Bio-based industries in a bioeconomy for Europe – Gaia Fantechi, Head of Unit F2 – Bio-based products and processes, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
• Mobilisation of industry and new private investment - Dirk Carrez, Executive Director, Bio-based Industries Consortium
SESSION 2 – The BBI JU 2018 Work Programme
• BBI JU’s research priorities and novelties – Eleni Zika, Head of Programme, BBI JU
SESSION 3 – Information on proposal submission and evaluation
• Call management rules and conditions – Pilar Llorente, Project Officer, BBI JU
• Submission and evaluation of proposals - Paloma Mallorquin, Project Officer, BBI JU
• How to write a good BBI JU proposal - Polyvios Hadjiyiangou, Call Coordinator, BBI JU
• BBI JU’s Partnering Platform – building your networks - Momme Velmede, Executive Director, pharmABC