Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 23, 2012
A real dancer knows the notes of her body so energy can flow through her as fast as she channels it! Dance is used a lot in healing with enormous powerful health effects, opening energy pathways and helping the dancer in the same time to re-connect to her soul!
According to B.K.S. Lyengar, author of "Light on Yoga "Belly dancing is probably the best physical activity to open up your sacral chakra. Given the pelvic and hip awareness it requires, dancing (and belly dancing in particular) is especially suited to creating emotional and physical awareness of the sacral chakra, our sensuality, femininity, and sexuality. In fact, belly dance was initially practiced for the very purpose of helping women prepare for child birth, it was almost a coming of age ritual allowing young women to discover, love, and appreciate their bodies."
Benefits of opening Base and Sacral Chakras through Belly Dancing:
1. It helps women to re-connect with their inner Self.
2. It empowers the feminine nature.
3. It helps to get more in touch with the sensitivity of her own body.
4. Belly dancing grounds you into Mother Earth, using the Base Chakra for maintaining the control and foundation within ourselves. In this grounded posture and its pelvic movements, we can gather energy from the Earth, moving up the spine, allowing the force of life (Chi) to flow freely through the whole body.
5. It massages one's body organs through its undulations, like a serpent dance.
6. The dance allows a deep well rounded breath and the flexibility of the movements allows the expression of oneself.
7. Every dance has a story, and each dancer opens up to tell these untold stories about themselves, reconnecting with the true Self.
8.Dance can give power to our own visions, getting more connected to our own 3rd eye.
9. It allows a free flow of Chi life energy from the Mother Earth through us and connecting with the universe.