Video recorded by Master LL in HD!
( http://themasterll.net )
Tales of Graces F ]
Final Boss "Lambda Angelus"
** WILL CONTAIN FULL SPOILERS!! **
** WAIT FOR HD QUALITY!! **
** LIVE STREAM - http://www.justin.tv/themasterll **
- This boss was insane hard if the AI doesn't have good positioning. The main reason is they don't dodge LA's Attacks but rather trying to guard through it (which will obviously result in your death).
A question that commonly rose on my stream is why I didn't use any items (Arles Bottle, All-Divide) or lower the difficulty against the boss.
Well, I think this video shows that after figuring a good tactic I can pull it off without relying on it and still be on Evil mode. Plus I don't like cheaping the difficulty by using All-Divide or lowering the difficulty when I know I can successfully win.
Here's some key notes:
- I use Cheria ♥ as always to create stagger and opportunities for damage. I switch to Asbel during Arles Break to lower the chance of LA's Hi-Ougi from triggering (read below for more info on that).
- As always, my ACC sucks, so I rely on spells to stagger him to get some clean hits. Funny enough Vanish Flow and Divine Saber also follow the "ACC vs EVA" rule, so you'll see a bunch of times the boss "super armor" through my attacks.
- The reason why he didn't use his hi-ougi as often is because he doesn't use it until 1/2 HP but also, like you, he needs to pull a clean hit to activate it. I'm sure you noticed that I tried him in trying to "Grab" me which pretty much assure he wouldn't slaughter my character since he can't activate his hi-ougi.
- His "Grab" attack is instant death.. you must get someone to hit him enough to break you out of it.
- Aside from that, you'll see Meteor, his crazy Laser Pewpew Beams and all that which makes the battle difficulty that much harder once he has low HP (not to mention spamming tons of spells too)
- At least it ended in an epic finisher... Sophy finishing him off with a triple hi-ougi (just as planned.. I did this on the stream too).
Too bad Sophy didn't use her "Lambda" quote for her Lv1 BC (she only says it on her LV2 and LV3 BC), I'll put up my JTV version of her finisher so you can hear her quote to Lambda as she finishes him off.
Rank: Evil (Chaos Mode Wii-version)
WMV HD format, 8.0Mbps Bitrate, 1280x720, 30fps, WMV7 codec