In this weeks video we show you a quick and easy way to clean a Russian dwarf hamster cage in under 5 minutes.
Russian dwarf hamster cages should be cleaned out once a week. This prevents infection (with your Russian dwarf), bad odors from the cage and helps hygiene.
We clean our two Russian dwarf hamster cages on a Sunday and using this technique with the shower it takes no longer than 5 minutes. In this video our two male Russian dwarf hamsters have their cages cleaned out. Here are 8 steps to a clean dwarf hamster... What you should do:
1. Scoop your hamster up with 2 hands and let them climb into the exercise ball. Close the lid and let them run around while cleaning the cage. This keeps them fit and prevents them escaping while you clean their home.
2. Remove toys, accessories, food, water bottle and wheel. Place these into the shower if you want to clean them too. Don't place the water bottle, chewies, mineral licks or food in the shower or spray with antibacterial cleaner for pets.
3. Pour left over bedding, nesting materials and tissue paper into the bin liner. Then place into the shower floor.
4. Spray down everything in the shower with antibacterial cleaner for pets. It must be designed for pets like Rabbits, guinea pigs or hamsters. See our website for more at http://russiandwarfhamster.siterubix.com.
5. When satisfied that everything is sprayed use the shower head on the highest pressure setting and blast away!
6. Towel dry everything down making sure to not leave any residue water or antibacterial cleaner on the parts.
7. Resemble the cage and place your hamster back in his home. Give him some tissue to create a nest and place to sleep. Also refill water bottle and assemble to cage.
8. Put back all of his toys, food (giving him new food) and tubes.
That was 8 steps on How to clean a Russian Dwarf Hamster Cage in under 5 minutes.
More more tutorials for Russian Dwarf Hamsters please see our other videos at our channel by subscribing. A clean Russian dwarf cage is essential to do every week and will help keep your dwarf hamster healthy, happy and clean.
Thanks for watching how to clean a Russian dwarf hamster cage!