With this song, I proposed to my girlfriend, a biostatistician. She said yes! Credits and lyrics are shown in the video and below. Thanks to all listed for their help ... and thanks to Leila for the inspiration. P.S. A downloadable MP3 file is here:
Information on all of Greg's other science songs: http://faculty.washington.edu/crowthe....
* Greg Crowther: songwriter
* Will Crowley: lead and harmony vocals
* Monty Harper: songwriting consultant, executive producer
* Chris "Boom" Wiser: producer, keyboards
* Rob "Dr. Rock" Martin: drums, percussion
* Dean Avants: acoustic & electric guitar, bass
* Trent Bell: engineer, mixing
* Recorded at Bell Labs Recording Studio (Norman, OK)
* Additional recording and mixing by John Boswell (Bellingham, WA)
If every gal I've met is a hypothesis
Who might turn out to be the mate I've sought,
And if I were to yield
To the conventions of my field,
Then you would be referred to as H-naught...
You're my null, after all; you're a theory in the making,
So robust to every test -- my hypothesis of choice.
You account for the past; you're a vision of the future;
And when I feel confused, you're my signal through the noise.
My life has been an uncontrolled experiment --
A source of all too many scattered plots.
But you provide a line
With an R-squared of point-nine;
Yes, you and you alone connect my dots...
One can never prove a null
In a finite length of time;
Each finding simply strengthens it or not.
But if I see trends emerge --
And let's just say I do --
I'd be crazy not to publish what I've got...