Introducing the Organelle™
The Organelle™ makes it easy to experiment with new ways of making music. It combines playful and intuitive controls with a powerful sound engine. It is limitless in musical possibility and a joy to play.
At the heart of the Organelle's sound engine is a robust computer that runs patches. A patch allows the instrument to take on different forms. Onboard hardware for sound input and output and mappable knobs, keys and buttons enable patches to synthesize, sample, effect and anything in between!
The Organelle™ ships with a set of common default patches, and new patches may be loaded from a USB drive. Simply select patches from our expanding community-driven online repository, transfer them to a USB drive, reinsert it in the Organelle™ and play! New Patches available at: http://www.organelle.io
Don't see the exact patch you need? You can create it yourself! Patches may be created and/or edited directly on the device as well as on a personal computer. Plug in a keyboard, mouse and monitor and begin customizing. The Organelle™ runs patches created in the powerful computer music programming environment Pure Data (http://puredata.info) . (You can write patches in lower level languages too!)
The Organelle™ is built with community interaction in mind. As you create patches or tweak existing ones you can share them with others! Please visit our forum: http://forum.critterandguitari.com
• Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz; 16-bit (In & Out)
• 2x ¼" Mono Sound Output Jacks (L & R channels)
• ¼" Stereo Sound Input Jack
• ⅛" Stereo Headphone output Jack
• ¼" Footswitch Jack
• High-Contrast OLED Display Screen
• Four Parameter Knobs
• Rotary Selection knob with Push Button Select
• Volume Knob
• 25x Maple Key
• RGB LED
• 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 with 512 MB RAM
• Linux Operating System
• Boot time: ~12 seconds
• 4GB USB Drive included; Patches and any required files (audio samples, etc.) stored here
• 2x USB Port (2.0 standard-A type connector). USB Host for: MIDI over USB & Serial over USB
• HDMI output port
• 9VDC, 1.0 Amp (Power Supply included)
• Size: 10.5" x 3.25" x 2.125"
• Enclosure: Anodized Aluminum top, ABS Plastic bottom, rubber foot pads
Director: Antonio Santos
Producer: Kristopher Rey-Talley
Production Company: 1000% (http://www.onethousandpercent.us)
Director of Photography: Sam Wootton
Voice: Gabriela Jimeno (https://www.facebook.com/ElaMinus/)
Grip/Electric: David Gettens & Aaron Smith
Color: Irving Harvey
Location: Fast Ashleys Studios (http://fastashleysstudios.com/)
Special Thanks to: Mike Abrego, Laura Tomaselli, Phil Pinto, Emily 'Bonecrusher' May, and Pica the Pom (https://www.instagram.com/picathepom/) !
Thanks for watching!
CRITTER & GUITARI™