RWR - Making of.
3+1 days workshop to discover Ubiquitous Publishing
13 - 14 - 15 + 16 September 2011, Cava de' Tirreni (Italy)
READ/WRITE REALITY (RWR) is an intensive and visionary workshop created by FakePress Publishing and Art is Open Source in collaboration with Centro Studi Etnografia Digitale to pragmatically explore the methodological, technical and technological possibilities offered by Ubiquitous Publishing, to identify new businesses, new forms of expression, new opportunities for culture and knowledge, new tools for freedoms.
A 3+1 days hands-on and minds-on program in which we will follow you through the creation of a full ubiquitous publishing project, starting from scratch and ending up at product release. Participants will learn the methodologies, the conceptual and technological frameworks which will enable individuals, organizations, companies or collectives to use ubiquitous technologies to enact new forms of communication and expression, new business models, new ways in which you can activate your strategies and observe their effects. Out of the monitor, in the spaces of our cities, bodies, objects and products.
RWR is useful for:
- designers wishing to know, understand and use Ubiquitous Publishing technologies;
- communicators who want to understand and learn how to bring digital information out of the monitor, into the city, in people's pockets, on objects and in the places we traverse in our daily lives;
- developers, who want to learn how to build engaging ubiquitous interactive experiences;
- artists, journalists, scientists and researchers wishing to add ubiquitous technologies to their toolset for expression, information, knowledge, education and research practices;
- and strategists with the desire to gain knowledge and insights to confront with the next step of digital communication.
RWR will be held on September 13-14-15+16 in Cava de' Tirreni, at the Ostello "Borgo Scacciaventi", a beautiful setting in a 15th century building near to the famous Amalfi coast.
The workshop will fill 3+1 days of intense activity, visionary discussions, engaging hands-on practices, on-the-field explorations and content-production, great food, wine and scenery, in contact with the rooted traditions of the beautiful South of Italy.
More info at: