Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Mar 5, 2012
This is a way which I have used to transfer brood comb from a Langstroth frame to a new top bar comb. If you look carefully we acutally cut two of the frame combs upside-down. Interestingly this did'nt seem to affect the brood or the colony. When we checked the TB hive after three weeks, we cut the grapevine frames out of the top bars as the comb had been secured to the bars by the bees. The brood which had been put in upside down had hatched and the comb looked like it had been modified by the bees to have a upward incline.http://www.greenurbanliving.co.nz/